To be a world leader as a modern Seafarers Centre, providing a warm and loving environment to all, ensuring Seafarers needs are genuinely met.
We seek to live out the Five Marks of Mission
- To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom
Showing God’s love in practical ways.
We welcome the stranger and comfort those suffering from loneliness, isolation, mental, physical and spiritual health issues.
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
Helping seafarers to experience God’s love more deeply, especially through our practical actions and the care and support we provide.
- To respond to human need by loving service
Caring for any seafarer in distress
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
Protecting crews’ rights and resolving issues.
We also seek to address racism and xenophobia, discrimination and any intolerance toward “the other”.
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and to sustain the life of the earth
Helping to look after the world we live in.
We work with the shipping industry and international organisations to promote safe working practices and pristine oceans.
- Justice for the Mission is about Holiness and fighting against abuse, discrimination and intolerance. We try to seek justice by being prayerful, inclusive, honest and ethical.
- Justice for us ensures being Seafarer focussed and providing constant and reliable services. We uphold the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 and seek a safe and welcoming environment.
- Justice is also about working together, being passionate ad inclusive of all. We work in a fun and Godly way.
- Kindness at the Mission means we are gentle in our words and actions. We respond to needs, offering the highest level of service, politeness and patience to all.
- Kindness is shown through our hospitality and pastoral care, generating a warm ‘Home away from Home’.
- Kindness is about being connected with each other and family.
- To be humble, one must be prepared to listen and be respectful, with the attitude of learning and growing. We seek excellent communication and conflict resolution as ways of growing together and forward.
- Humility requires courage and strength, self-discipline and a dedication to find excellence.
Then I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth – to every nation and tribe and language and people.Rev. 14:6